Monday 4 March 2019

'Return to Parkgate'

I just had to go back to Parkgate having missed the Short-eared Owl-fest on all the good weather days in the last two weeks. The good news is that there were at least four birds still present, possibly more, so they hadn't moved on yet.







The weather today was OK most of the time although as you can see from the shot below, it did rain at times. Tomorrow should be better of course because I'm working. Wednesday and Thursday are not looking good so I might have one last go on Friday to get my close perched shot if the weather looks right, otherwise, that's me done here for the year.









This is the closest I've got to my highly desired 'perch shot'.  A bit too dark and distant, but it's better than having nothing.  Still work to do on this one, methinks.


It was nice to chat with Kevin Evans-Jones, James Arnold, Paul Bennett and Jennifer Petrie whilst I was there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.