Thursday 28 February 2019

I've Finally Made It Into Print

I've finally made it into the March 2019 edition of Birdwatch Magazine with a 'proper' photo.  Previously I've had a Brambling photo used as a backdrop to a double page article and a Desert Wheatear photo in a 'Reader's Letter' which I sent in.

But these are photos published on their own merit so to speak. Simon Warford wrote an article on behalf of the original finder Phil Rhodes about the rare Blyth's Reed Warbler which is currently at Hope Carr Nature Reserve in Leigh and asked if he could use the two photos I took to accompany his piece.  I was only too pleased to say 'yes'.


As a coincidence, Ed Stubbs, the content editor of the magazine also emailed me with the same request, because I'd already uploaded them to the BirdGuides Gallery, and indeed one had gained a 'Notable Photo' award last month.


'Congratulations Martyn Jones your Blyth's Reed warbler photos take up quite a large section in next months Birdguides :)

Thanks to Martin Loftus for posting the above comment on Facebook and alerting me to the fact that they had been published today and for taking these phone shots of the magazine pages - I just need to go out and buy a copy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.