Wednesday 2 January 2019

Wake Up - It's 2019!

Happy New Year


2019's birding started off with five of these little beauties all sat in the same tree for me.  But don't ask where please because I'm under strict instructions to be sworn to secrecy and refusal to tell often offends.



Long-eared Owls are notoriously difficult to see, mainly because they are nocturnal feeders and also because the usually bury themselves deep in the vegetation. I could only clearly see two birds at first, but on moving sideways a little I then spotted a third bird directly behind one of the others. But when I got home and processed the photograph I discovered that there were first four and then five birds in this group shot! View the photograph fullscreen and see if you can spot them all.


I finished off my Cheshire trip with a visit to Elton Hall Flash when this Water Rail was running around in the open for a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.