Saturday 26 January 2019

Brambling Ramblings

Lead Mines Clough in Bolton is a place that I first discovered as a geology student and later as a geology teacher, when I used to take my students on an annual excursion there in my pre-birding days.  It's not an easy place to find if you're not familiar with the area and is best done with an O.S. map.


I'd got wind of the fact that some Bramblings had been seen at the entrance of the Clough close to Alance Bridge which is a popular place for people to leave seed for the woodland birds here.  And sure enough after half an hour or so of waiting, the first Brambling appeared.




As an added bonus I got my first Nuthatch of the year and some decent photos to boot.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.