Sunday 16 January 2011

A Quick Walk Round Tyldesley

On a quick walk round our housing estate in Tyldesley on our way to Meat Mart this afternoon, Sarah and I saw the following birds:
  • Blackbird
  • Chaffinch
  • Magpie
  • Carrion Crow
  • Sparrowhawk
  • Great Tit
  • Pink-footed Goose skein - distant but clear
  • House Sparrow
  • Woodpiegon
  • Collared Dove - a large roost of 30+ birds, the most I've ever seen together
  • Starling
  • Robin - several singing very loudly to proclaim their territory
On our way home we were presented with the best sighting of the lot - a sparrowhawk sitting on a rooftop aerial.  The bird stayed longer than any sparrowhawk I've seen, allowing us both a good look through binoculars.  It was just a shame the light wasn't better and that I didn't have my camera with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.