Saturday 12 May 2018

Day 2 - All aboard the Yorkshire Belle

As my boat trip along the sea cliffs at Bempton didn't start until 4:30pm today, I more or less had the whole day to do some exploring around the Flamborough area.  This was useful because I could get the lay of the land in case anyone wanted to extend their L.O.S. fieldtrip visit tomorrow.  It also meant that I didn't need to get up very early and, after a very pleasant evening at the campsite, followed by a shower and then breakfast in my motorhome, I only left at around 9:15am.

I started at Flamborough North Landing, before visiting Thornwick Bay and finally Thornwick Pools. The scenery here is fabulous, with white chalk cliffs carved into stacks and caves by the action of the waves on it over hundreds of years.  It's a geographer and geologist's paradise and indeed I first came here when I was studying for my B.Sc. Honours degree at Manchester University in the 1980's.  Unfortunately I didn't bring a lens suitable for landscapes with me and so I had to make do with photos taken on a mobile phone.

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.