Friday 22 April 2011

This Evening in My Garden

It was like Manchester Airport with all the aerial traffic in and over my garden this evening when I saw the following:
  • Blue Tits in and around the nest box
  • Blackbirds - severall pairs
  • Goldfinches - singing loudly from the tops of conifers and rooftop aerials
  • A Greenfinch singing in a conifer and then from a rooftop aerial
  • A Coal Tit briefly
  • A Magpie lurking around the rooftops
  • Starlings - ever present
  • House Sparrows nesting in my next door neighbours eaves - young making lots of noise
  • Collared Doves
  • Woodpigeons
  • Carrion Crows over
  • Gulls returning to roost from Astley Tip I expect
Earlier in the day I also saw Kes, our resident Kestrel from a distance and two low flying Carrion Crows one of which had so few ofeathers in its wings I could see straight through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.