Saturday 2 April 2011

Moses Gate Country Park

After forgetting to charge my camera battery this morning and having no spare with me (thus ending up with a useless camera at Pennington Flash) I decided to take advantage of the remaining sunshine this afternoon to try out my new digiscope adaptor at another location. I chose Moses Gate Country Park near Little Lever in Bolton, another favourite haunt of mine.

Crompton Lodge

Armed with a freshly charged battery, I set off in the hope of seeing something new or at least getting some good photographs. When I arrived things started off well - I was greeted by a single male Goldeneye as soon as I got down to the water, and so I started snapping immediately.  Here are some of the results:

Goldeneye

Goldeneye dribbling

Goldeneye in a flap

Goldeneye

Black-headed Gull coming in to land

Look at my lovely chocolate head - why do they call it black?

Great Crested Grebe through a digiscope

A pair of Great Crested Grebes through a digiscope

Mute Swan nest building

Pair of Mute Swans nest building

Greylag Goose

Beautiful, but what am I - a Mallard hybrid?

Beautiful, but what am I - a Mallard hybrid?
You're quackers
Tufted Duck

Coot on nest

Big and Proud - Mallard

What you lookin' at?

Mallard

Teal

Teal

Teal

Teal showing off

Don't be 'daffed' - of course spring has sprung

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.