Saturday 13 October 2018

Not a Great White Egret

With the prospect of adding a new bird to my Greater Manchester Life list, I set off fo Pennington Flash mid-morning in search of the Great White Egret which had been present since yesterday.  This is the second time I've heard of one in Greater Manchester and I had the same result today as I did last time - dip.  The bird had been present in earlier in the morning but apparently had flown an hour or so before I arrived.  It seems the local Grey Herons were giving it a bit of gyp.

So you can only take photographs of what's there, and that's what I did.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.