Friday 22 June 2018

Two Lifers at Wykeham Raptor ViewPoint

After a late start and a very frustrating journey down due to and accident and roadworks on the A64 , I finally arrived at Wykeham Raptor Viewpoint close to Scarborough in Yorkshire at around midday. The sighting reports had suggested that 10am until 2pm were the best times to see my target bird, the Honey Buzzard, a breeding summer visitor to the UK.

Here are record shots of a Male and Female Honey Buzzard - Lifer!



And my bonus bird was this Tree Pipit, which just happens to be another Lifer for me!



On my way home I visited Huddersfield which is a short drive off the M62 - not out of choice though - the motorway was closed between junctions 25 and 26 and so I had to divert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.