Wednesday 27 April 2016

Three Sisters Nature Reserve

After the excitement of the Kentish Plover at Audenshaw last night, I decided to pop out to Three Sisters Nature Reserve near Bryn in Wigan today to practice a little more with my new camera body. At the very least I knew there would be the usual birds at the feeding station, but there's also the prospect of seeing the Tawny Owls there as well as a variety of spring migrant warblers.



After spending some time at the feeding station where the best bird I had was a Jay, although there were also male and female Bullfinches, a pair of Willow Tits, some Reed Buntings and the usual Robins, Dunnocks and Tits, I went for a wander through the woodland paths. I soon came upon a singing male Blackcap, but trying to pin it down for a photograph was really difficult.  However, after about a hour or so I got lucky, as it landed on a branch with a clear background.  These shots almost look as if they have been setup with a prop, but they haven't - it just perched in a great place (for once!).




Update:

I've just heard that my second Blackcap photo on this page got a 'Notable' award on Birdguides this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.