Tuesday 14 April 2015

Martin Mere WWT and Marshside RSPB

As I hadn't been out birding for  quite a while, I decided to spend the afternoon in West Lancashire.

I started at Marshside and saw the following birds:

  • 2 Tawny Owls
  • Avocets
  • Ruff
  • Black-tailed Godwits
  • Buzzard

No Marsh Harrier, Kingfisher, Kestrel or Barn Owl today.



I then went on to Marshside RSPB in Southport where I saw:

  • Avocets
  • A Little Gull
  • Wheatear
  • Gadwall
  • Peregrine Falcon
  • Skylarks
  • Meadow Pipis
  • Little Grebe
  • Shelduck
  • Black-tailed Godwits
  • A few Wigeon
  • Pink-footed Geese
  • as well as the usual suspects

To be continued with photos and some more text ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.