Saturday 6 December 2014

Rossall Point, Fleetwood

This was only the second time I'd been to Rossall Point near Fleetwood and I seem to remember that I had great difficulty in actually finding the 'Point' on my previous visit.  This is probably because there isn't any actual piece of land that juts out into the see I as had expected, well not that I could find anyway, and also there was no obvious signage at the time.

Anyway, today I approached from a different direction and quickly saw a new tower on the promenade which has been mentioned in other people's birding reports - I'm sure that wasn't here last time I came. Better still there is a largish free car park giving easy access to the promenade and beach - just what I like!

I was here mainly for the Shorelark which is a surprise visitor on the west coast of the UK and it's generally only found on the east coast.  It had been reported here for a week or so and so I thought I had a decent chance of seeing it myself.



There were also Ringed Plovers on the beach:



And a lovely male Stonechat on the car park as I was leaving:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.