Saturday 22 March 2014

Another to do list

If you regularly come here to read my blog I can only apologise for the lack of recent updates.  I've still been birding and taking photographs as usual, but I haven't been finding the time to update this blog, mainly due to work and other voluntary commitments and the volume of photographs I have to look through before deciding which ones to work on.

With this in mind I'd like to point you to my Flickr site (www.flickr.com/geekteacher) which is updated slightly more often than this blog and a Facebook group I have set up on behalf of Leigh Ornithological Society (www.facebook.com/groups/leighos). You will find some of my latest photos and comments on both these groups.

That said, I fully intend to update this blog in the near future and keep it updated as best I can.  Some of the reports that I will be writing include the following:

  • Short-eared owls in Sefton, Merseyside
  • A short trip to Dumfries and Galloway with Whooper Swans, Barnacle Geese, Great Northern Divers, Purple Sandpipers, Oystercatchers, Yellowhammers, Red Kites and a host of others
  • A Kittiwake on the Bridgewater Canal in Leigh
  • Dippers and a very close Great Crested Grebe at Yarrow Valley Country Park
  • Black Grouse lekking at World's End, Llangollen
  • Skylarks at Kinmel Bay and a Red-breasted Merganser and Stonechats at Gronant Beach

And possibly some more.  I do hope you will return to read some of my reports with photos of the birds I've seen so far in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.