Tuesday 10 January 2012

Leucistic Blackbird


Just as I was trying out my new Manfrotto monopod and tilt head, a bargain bought for £23 off e-Bay, which arrived this morning, another leucistic blackbird appeared in my back garden. It's not Luke, the bird I saw a few times last year, as this bird has a lot more white covering the tops of its wings as well as it's head. This is the second such bird I've seen this week in two different locations.


I was trying to get some shots of a few Long-tailed Tits and Great Tits that were passing through my feeders when the leucistic bird just appeared out of nowhere.  It didn't stay for long but I managed a couple of better shots than I have of Luke - however the day was quite dull and overcast and so they're not great.


Now I'm going to have to think of another name!  How about Snowy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.