Wednesday 24 August 2011

Pennington Flash

I was just getting back into birding this week and got off to a good start with an excellent sighting of a Kingfisher from Teal Hide at Penny. As I arrived at Teal Hide I was alerted to the bird being chased briefly by a Magpie by another person viewing who was even more excited about seeing it than I was. I hurredly set up my camera and managed to fire off a few shots of the Kingfisher sitting on a post surveying the water before it flew off. The pictures are not dead sharp but they're the best ones I got of a Kingfisher to date.


The other highlight from Teal Hide was seeing a pair of Green Sandpipers searching the scapes for food. Other birds included a HeronGadwallTealMallardCoot, and Moorhen as well as numerous Magpies and Wood Piegons.


There was not much else about today at the other hides apart from the usuals although I later found out that a female Pintail had been seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.