Sunday 28 February 2010

A Successful Morning at Pennington Flash

Yesterday I went out to Pennington Flash with my new hide clamp for my spotting scope and camera. It was a revelation to see how much better the clamp made my scope - I could now see clearly without my eyelashes getting in the way and without needing to hold the scope still on a flimsy tripod. I would thoroughly recommend a decent hide clamp to everyone - it makes your other equipment seem much better.

At Horrocks Hide I spotted and positvely identified the following ducks and birds:

  • Teal (two Male and Female pairs)
  • Goosander
  • Goldenye (two Male and Female pairs)
  • Tufted Duck (Male and Female)
  • Great Crested Grebe
  • Grey Heron
  • Mallard (Male and Female pairs)
  • Canada Goose
  • Moorhen
  • Coot
  • Redshank (a single Male and Female pair)
  • Cormorant
  • Lapwing (Peewit)
  • Black Headed Gull
  • Mute Swan
From Pengy's Hide I spotted:
  • Shoveler (Male and Female)
  • Gadwall
  • Coot
  • Moorhen
  • Tufted Duck (Male and Female)
From Lapwing Hide I saw:
  • Tufted Duck
  • Gadwall
  • Coot
And from Bunting Hide (the Feeding Station) I saw:
  • Bullfinch
  • Robin
  • Blackbird
  • Blue Tit
  • Coal Tit
  • Willow Tit
  • Long Tailed Tit
  • Corn Bunting
  • Greenfinch
  • Chaffinch
  • Dunnock
  • Magpie
  • Stock Dove
  • Moorhen
... and a lone rat!

Thanks to all those anonymous birdwatchers who helped me spot and identify the Redshank, Goldeneye and Gadwall which I'd not previously seen here before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.