Friday 31 August 2018

My Brain is Addled

This afternoon I went to Leeds to look at a car I was thinking of buying and as I was close by I thought I'd take a look at the Adel Dam nature reserve which I'd heard about on Facebook. After taking the car for a test drive, an experience in itself as I'd never driven an automatic before, I finished my business at the garage and continued on to the reserve.  When I drove through the little town of Adel, I knew I was was getting close - I parked at Goldenacre Country Park free car park as recommended but couldn't find Adel Dam marked on any of the maps here. So I started to ask people where it was but strangely nobody seemed to know.

I eventually found an older couple who did and then I realised my mistake was pronouncing it 'Adele' instead of 'Addle' - no wonder nobody knew where it wind as when I asked :)




Anyway, I eventually got to the right place and found it to be quite lovely. All except for the fact that the resident Kingfishers that so many people have photographed there didn't show once for me. But I did meet some great people and I managed to grab a few shots which were worth having including this rather scruffy Chiffchaff, some Mandarin Ducks with males in eclipse plumage and a Great Spotted Woodpecker.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.