Tuesday 9 September 2014

Five Lifers in One Day!

Today I went to Burton Mere Wetlands RSPB on the Wirral where I saw five birds I'd never seen before, namely: Cattle Egret, Red-necked Phalarope, Little Stint, Curlew Sandpiper and believe it or not, Whinchat.  I only got record shots of all of these except for the Whinchat which is shown below.





I also saw a Pectoral Sandpipee, Greenshank, Spotted Redshank, Lapwing, Teal, Shoveler, Ruff, Black-tailed Godwit, Knot, Little Egret and several superb flypasts by a Hobby as well as all the usual suspects. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martyn, good to meet you at Fleetwood today. You have a terrific blog here, keep up the good work!

    Regards,
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.