Friday 25 May 2012

Peregrine Falcon

Summer's here (at least for a week) and so it's time to get out and about. I've known about the location of this Peregrine Falcon for quite a while now, and so today, on the hottest day of the year so far, I decided to have a look for myself.  As soon as I had parked up I saw it flying around the chimney.  To the casual eye it could easily be mistaken for a pigeon, but on closer inspection it is unmistakable.

Here's a few shots taken using my new (secondhand) 1.4x teleconverter on a f2.8 300mm lens:




Just to put the bird in context, here's where it hangs out.




What's he looking at?

Ah, babies !

I need to sort out the formatting of these pictures:



Home alone ?


 
Imagine this being left on your doorstep.

I also saw this beautiful juvenile Long-tailed Tit




Nest building

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.