Sunday 15 May 2011

NestCam Update

Easy like Sunday Morning and I can only see one egg left, so I'm presuming that seven chicks have hatched.  I find them impossible to count and be certain unless their mouths are open, even though the picture on my DVD recorder screen is much better than the live images I'm broadcasting over the web.  Someone else has commented that there are seven chicks and so I'll take their word for it.


The chicks have little tufts of hair on their heads which makes them look quite cute, especially with their black sunglassess on! On the other hand they do have a certain gremlin-like quality about them at present.  They're making very faint 'cheeping' noises now too.


I've seen Kate removing white poop sacs, so the food must be going down and coming out of the other end OK. I hope we get eight healthy chicks and that they all survive and fledge, but you never know with this Circle of Life thing, do you?


Here's a link to an interesting article on Blue Tit chicks: The Growing Pains of Blue Tits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.