- 1 Great Crested Grebe with largish humbug in tow
- 3 Grey Herons, great to see two in flight together
- Kestrel being mobbed by crows as it hunted
- Lots of Swallows about, especially around the farms
- A few Tufted Ducks and Mallards Lots of Coots and a few Moorhens
- Many Black-headed Gulls and Crows
- Several Mallards by the dam, one female having four juveniles
- Lots of Jackdaws
- House Sparrows
- Large flock of Woodpigeons in the distance
Oh yes, and really unusual decoy machine in a farm field near Beaumont Road with two 'woodpigeons' rapidly spinning around on it. For a moment we both thought that they were real 'dead' birds on them as their wings flapped whilst it spun round.
Nothing really special, but very enjoyable company - cheers Keith.