Friday 8 April 2016

Short-eared Owl at Ashton Moss

This was another new site for me as I don't know east Manchester very well at all.  I had been drawn to visiting this place after seeing a stunning close photo of a Short-eared Owl by Mark Battersby on his Flickr pages. So, with the weather looking fairly decent, I decided today should be the day.



I arrived just after 12pm and it was a good two hours before I saw anything of note. I did a tour of the moss and found the posts at which Mark's photos had been taken. But I had to wait until Mark arrived himself before we had our first sighting, which came from the direction opposite to which were expecting.



From then on we only had short and fairly distant glimpses of the bird and so I'll have to be satisfied with these habitat shots for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.