With this in mind I'd like to point you to my Flickr site (www.flickr.com/geekteacher) which is updated slightly more often than this blog and a Facebook group I have set up on behalf of Leigh Ornithological Society (www.facebook.com/groups/leighos). You will find some of my latest photos and comments on both these groups.
That said, I fully intend to update this blog in the near future and keep it updated as best I can. Some of the reports that I will be writing include the following:
- Short-eared owls in Sefton, Merseyside
- A short trip to Dumfries and Galloway with Whooper Swans, Barnacle Geese, Great Northern Divers, Purple Sandpipers, Oystercatchers, Yellowhammers, Red Kites and a host of others
- A Kittiwake on the Bridgewater Canal in Leigh
- Dippers and a very close Great Crested Grebe at Yarrow Valley Country Park
- Black Grouse lekking at World's End, Llangollen
- Skylarks at Kinmel Bay and a Red-breasted Merganser and Stonechats at Gronant Beach
And possibly some more. I do hope you will return to read some of my reports with photos of the birds I've seen so far in 2014.