Tuesday 22 March 2011

Rindle Road

As the sun was shining when we got home, Cathy and I went out to Rindle Road this evening to take some photographs.  Cathy wanted to try out her new digital SLR camera and I was looking for any birds that were about.  We had a quick look along the fields at the top of Rindle Road near the railway line before venturing into Rindle Wood and walking round the Astley Moss SSSI trail.

The highlights for me were a pair of Lapwing on territory displaying their tumbling flight one of the fields followed by my first ever sighting of a Treecreeper in the woods.

Here's the best of the pictures I took tonight:

Pair of Lapwing

Lapwing

Lapwing
Lapwing
Lapwing
Treecreeper
Treecreeper
Treecreeper
If you want to see Cathy's more 'arty' pictures I'm sure they'll be on her blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.