Saturday 22 January 2011

Moses Gate Country Park

I decided to go to Moses Gate today to pick a Goosander or two for my new year list.  I was also hopeful I might see a Kingfisher or Dipper on the River Irwell there but no luck there I'm afraid. 

Here's a quick summary of what I did see:
  • Goosander (8 male and 12 female)
  • Grey Heron
  • Tufted Duck
  • Long tailed Tit
  • Dunnock
  • Robin
  • Carrion Crow
  • Great Tit
  • Blue Tit
  • Blackbird
  • Black headed Gull
  • Mute Swan
  • Mallard
  • Pigeon
  • Canada Goose
  • Moorhen
  • Coot
  • and two quite beautiful but elusive deer faun






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment by typing your message in the text box, selecting 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment as' drop down menu and then finally clicking the 'Publish' button. It would be nice to see your name in the text if possible - thanks.